ARTS > Forms
| Please note that all forms are in .pdf format and require Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
If you do not have or need to update your Acrobat Reader software, please click here.
Listed below is the general information for MaineCare transportation services:
1. Member must be a valid full coverage MaineCare recipient
2. Member must be going to a valid MaineCare covered service
3. Member must notify ARTS in advance of an appointment (MaineCare transportation is for scheduled appointments – not emergencies)
There are four ways that MaineCare transportation can occur:
*Transportation will occur the most cost efficient way for the State.*
1. By Friends & Family: This is an automobile being driven by the member, a relative or a friend. MaineCare has set the current rate at $.22 per mile and the mile is determined by Maine Department of Transportation MAP Mileage. If traveling outside Aroostook County, ARTS office will require a letter of referral from a referring Aroostook County doctor or a copy of a PrimeCare referral form. MaineCare rules DO NOT require an up-front payment to the member. MaineCare transportation rules state that this is a reimbursement program.
2. By ARTS Bus System: This is at no cost to the MaineCare recipient going on the bus to a MaineCare covered service (any other service such as shopping or visiting is not covered by MaineCare).
3. By Volunteers: ARTS has a limited number of volunteers. ARTS has 18-20 volunteers countywide and they are restricted to travel no further than Bangor.
4. By Common Carrier: This would be using Cyr Bus to transport from Aroostook County to outside of Aroostook County no further than Portland.
Once an appointment is set up at ARTS, the member is responsible to notify ARTS immediately of any changes in the date of the appointment or if an appointment is cancelled.
MaineCare Office Hours: 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
MaineCare Phone Numbers: 764-5246 (Local) or 1-800-621-1011 (Toll Free)